Actuonix Engineering Scholarship Program
Applications are now closed for 2018
Thank you to all who applied. We have had an overwhelming response this year and will be spending some time reviewing your applications.
Our 2017 scholarship winners are:
Samuel Akinwande - University of Houston
Martin Freeman - University of British Columbia
Actuonix Motion Devices is excited to announce the launch of our scholarship program. This program was started as a way for us to give back to the engineering community by helping talented young engineers meet their financial needs. Our goal is to promote education in the various engineering disciplines and make it more accessible for young men and women considering it as a career path. Each year, Actuonix offers two scholarships of $1000USD.
In order to be eligible for one of our scholarships, applicants must meet all of the following requirements.
- Must be enrolled in an engineering program at a recognized American or Canadian post-secondary institution.
- Applicants must be willing to submit an example of a past project that they have worked on related to robotics, mechatronics or mechanical automation. Include a description of your project with it's intended use and any photos and videos that you have available. Use your discretion here, if you have an interesting project that doesn't fall exactly within these parameters but you think it might still be relevant, go ahead and submit it anyways. Please submit your project either in pdf format or if it's already online, send a link in the body of your email.
- Applicants must be a citizen of either Canada or the United States.
- If you have previously received this award, you are not eligible to apply.
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in applying for the Actuonix Motion Devices Engineering Scholarship, please submit the following:
- A completed application form.
- A cover letter (in pdf format) introducing yourself, highlighting any academic achievements, demonstrating financial need and explaining why we should choose you for this scholarship.
- Past project information as described in the 'eligibility' section above.
When you have all of the required information, please submit by email to the Actuonix Motion Devices Marketing Department.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Successful applicants will be determined by Actuonix Motion Devices based on academic achievements, future potential and financial need. All decisions are final and no appeals will be considered.
This year's deadline for submissions is June 15th, 2018
Award winners will be notified no later than August 15, 2018